Day 1!

And I’m off! The challenge has begun, and I’ve got the first class knocked out. Only 65 more to go. Or, as I thought today in triangle, only 65 more times left to do triangle (I know I should multiple that by two since we do two sets, but that would be a depressing number!).

I skipped in to class today in a good mood. I was excited to start class. I was excited to be back after my three day break. I checked in, informed the instructor my challenge was starting, and told her I had been sick for the last two days. Then I whipped around and saw one of my favorite instructors who left the studio a little over a year ago. Major surprise! Happy reunion. He’s going to be taking classes this week before he heads out of state for the summer. Unfortunately, he is not teaching. I loved his classes, and it was so nice to see him. It gave me a lot of happy energy to carry off into class.

Since I was recovering from a bug I chose to plunk down in the sweet spot. I’m glad I did. I was in the room maybe 10 minutes before class began, and I was seriously sweating before class even started. Normally I might sweat a bit, but not like this. I figured my body needed it though. It needed to get the rest of my cold junk out. I sweated out so much in class. It was so awesome.

Now, class was not without its issues. On the first day of my cold, I could hardly walk a block without feeling absolutely awful and needing to sit down. On day two I was a lot better but still had my moments. Of course some of these moments surfaced in class. However, I made it to the second set of standing bow before I decided to take a short break. And I was giving it my all in every single posture. No, “I’ve been sick so I’ll just slack off.” I wanted to see what I could really do while at the same time being respectful of my body when it pushed back. This helped me focus on my body and really stay in the moment.

Later I sat out a set of a few more postures. I’m ok with that. I had pushed myself to a point but I wasn’t interested in pushing much farther because I knew I was recovering. If you were in class with me, just know that I sat down because I literally felt like if I had pushed on I would have puked. I don’t think that would have really happened, but that’s how I felt.

Once we hit the floor that went relatively ok. Any yucky feelings that came up during a posture where quickly handled by savassanah. As predicted, I felt amazing after class.

Also today starts by 60 days as a vegetarian. Shouldn’t be much of a problem. Dinner tonight is a Mediterranean Grain Salad. I’ve officially declared Friday nights as salad night in an effort to make myself try and eat more salads.

I’m off to enjoy the rest of my day. I’ll be back tomorrow to talk about Day 2.


3 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. bitchingaboutbikram
    May 04, 2012 @ 15:12:48

    YES!!! So excited for you and so glad your challenge is off to such a good start. Keep it coming!


  2. Linda
    May 04, 2012 @ 21:40:21

    U go girl!


  3. leighahall
    May 05, 2012 @ 06:31:17

    Thanks everyone. I’m getting ready to head off for day 2.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: