So recently I shared this post about dating a yogi. I also gave my own thoughts on what it’s like to live with a yogi. I thought it would be nice to talk to Mark and get his perspective. Because, you know, I can imagine what it’s like to live with a Bikram yogi, but I might not be totally on target. I imagine it is like living in a state of peace, love and happiness. You know, this:
And also like this:
Specifically, this is what he had to say (my commentary is in italics):
1. You complain about it being cold all the time.
- Because anything less than 90 degrees is cold. Doesn’t everyone know that?
2. The closest is always kept at a temperature of 9,000 degrees. Why?
- Here it helps to know that my closet has its own heating vent that can be turned on and adjusted. It heats just the closest. I agree I keep it hot. Why? Two reasons: (a) when I come home from class, and it is not 90 degrees outside, I stand in the closet while the shower gets warmed up. This prevents me from being cold and (b) I can practice camel in that closet.
3. I have perfected the art of having dinner ready when you finish your post-yoga shower.
- Yes he has. He can train your partner too for a nominal fee.
4. I keep waiting for you to kick me out of the closet so you can have space for your yoga clothes
- Does this mean he’s willing to give me the whole closet?
5. Your car $%&^*^%! stinks. It smells like an old gym bag.
- I can only agree with this point. Even I smell its funk so it must be real bad. BUT, that is because it is not warm enough out for me to be motivated enough to clean my car. Do you know Mark offered to get my car totally detailed and scrubbed down? However, we disagree that this is something that makes a good birthday present.
What’s it like to live with you?