I was able to get another video of my routine done this past Sunday. I was much happier with it. Of course it could always be better. If you compete, you know that no matter what anyone tells you there are always 50 other things you need to be working on. But still, I was much happier with how it went. Competition is November 17th folks. That’s right around the corner!!!
Some things I noticed this week:
1. My leg might be up to high in SHK. I also need to hold it longer. I am a poor judge of time on this posture. I get so focused that it feels like hours has passed when it’s been all of two seconds.
2. I held standing bow this time. I didn’t fall out like last week.
3. Floor bow is as good as it’s ever gonna get this year. I am happy with it because it has improved since last year.
4. I did my lean back trick in rabbit. I think I could hold it longer too.
5. Lifting Lotus was a bust – but that’s ok. I’ve seen where people lift their legs up to their chests and then lift up (what I did) and others bend forward and then lift. We discussed afterwards and concluded that I should bend forward and then lift. When I did it that way (which if course is not on video) it was pretty good.
I sent the video over to my brother who informed me that I was a badass. I’m telling y’all this because his comment is a reminder to me that no matter how critical we are of ourselves, our practice looks wonderful to others, and particularly those who do not have a Bikram practice. So if you’re competing for the first time, or have been scared to give it a try, just know that whatever you do really will amaze the audience. I know I have the habit of getting so caught up in how I need to improve XYZ posture that I forget to see the beauty in it. The beauty is there.
Anyways – enjoy round 2!