Recently, I asked people to share their tips/thoughts for how you can have a great yoga practice. I looked for people who practiced any kind of yoga in any kind of circumstance. I think we can learn a lot by talking across traditions and types of practice. Below is what I got back along with a link so you can connect with anyone who interests or resonates with you. Enjoy!
1. Zero expectations ~ Lindsay Steinke
2. It’s about having fun. Don’t take it so seriously. You probably won’t die…. Probably ~ The Annoyed Yogi
3. The mirror is there to help. We are often afraid to look at our true selves. Watch the changes w/ each class. ~Mark (Do The Posture)
4. Bonus Tip: Thank yourself. Making time to take care of yourself takes courage ~ Mark (Do The Posture)
5. I try to always remember not to compare my beginning to someone else’s middle…there are always practitioners who are more advanced than me and perform the poses better, but it’s MY practice and I’m not in competition with them ~ Montana
6. Letting go! ~ John Salvatore
7. Give yourself the gift of a private lesson, at least once. You will learn proper alignments, breathing, be able to ask questions… Basically take your practice to a new realm, not just a new level. ~Susie
8. Miss Nutralicious brings it all home with 10 Things I Learned from Completing A 60 Day Bikram Yoga Challenge.