On Sundays, please enjoy the Retro Throwback where I share my favorite posts from some time ago.
This post will be short as I am in need of a nap. I left class today feeling great and very upbeat, but now I’m cashing in on the quiet in my house and passing out for a bit.
Since today is Day 10, I thought it would be fun to write 10 random thoughts about my practice. So here we go!
1. People who do not practice Bikram Yoga will think you are crazy for doing it. People who practice it are the nicest people ever. The woman next to me in class today, who I don’t know at all, turned to me at the end and said, “Great job today!” (or something like that). A woman I practiced with in Winnipeg, Canada gave me a ride back to my hotel so I didn’t have to take a taxi after class. I hadn’t met her until the moment she offered me a ride.
2. My lower back is hurting. That’s new.
3. I have never said this to anyone before, but my favorite, FAVORITE, thing to do after class is drink a coke. Yes, I have a coke waiting for me in the car. It’s there everyday.
4. I could stop drinking caffiene at anytime without any negative effects. Once I upped my practice (before the challenge) I figured this out.I still have to drink the coke after class.
5. I never crave sweets anymore, but sometimes it is still a good idea to lick the icing off the top of one or two cupcakes.
6. My cobra is rocking out lately. I do not know how that came to pass, and I do not care. I accept it’s awesomeness.
7. Yesterday I was doing standing bow on the left side. I saw my foot come over my head (normal), and then I saw my knee in the mirror over my head (new!). I went, “Holy crap! I see my knee,” and promptly fell out of the pose.
8. I am not as hungry as I thought I might be doing yoga everyday. I think I may eat less, but I am completely satisified.
9. I am trying to meditate 5-10 minutes everday before class. However, if you want to hang out in the lobby chatting until the instructor tells us class will start in two minutes I will do that. I have no self-discipline yet with the meditation.
10. I will always give you a sweaty hug after yoga if you need one.