On Sundays, please enjoy the Retro Throwback where I share my favorite posts from some time ago.
Mark, my long-distance yoga buddy over at Do the Posture, Please!! had a great post back in May called Go to Yoga!! It’s one of my favorite posts ever. Why? Because first of all it’s all true, and second it’s totally inspiring.
I needed some inspiration and reminders that going to class is a good thing. I had a bit of a sucky summer.
Why did my summer stink? Here are a few answers:
1. It was a bit on the cool side temperature wise outside this year. Go to yoga!! At least it’s hot in there
2. I had an infected tooth that had to be pulled. Go to yoga!! Go before and after that sucker gets pulled.
3. The water pump on my car exploded. Go to yoga!! Oh wait…I have no car…ok… Go for a walk!!
4. Sweet Maximum passed away at the age of 12. Go to yoga!! Work through the emotions that come up.
5. I was broke from all the money spent on my tooth and my car. Go to yoga!! It’s already paid for.
6. I have to watch what I do because of my back. Go to yoga!! Smile because sometimes I honestly can’t do triangle or camel.
At the end of the day, I was always glad I chose to go to yoga. Do you know what is worse than going to yoga when you are having a rough time? Not going at all.